Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering
University of New Brunswick
P.O. Box 4400; Fredericton, N.B.; E3B 5A3 CANADA
Tel: (506) 471-6589; Fax: (506) 453-4943; e-mail: Maciej
(1) Research Assistant , CCGE, Dept. of Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering, UNB, Fredericton, N.B.
Areas of Expertise
• Monitoring and analysis of deformations in engineering and geoscience projects
• Geodetic control surveys
• Mining and tunnelling surveys
• Geodetic and rock mechanics instrumentation
• Ground subsidence in mining areas.
• Modeling of displacement, strain, and stress field using finite element method
• Verification of geotechnical parameters of zoned embankment dams
• Modeling of mining subsidence
• Modeling of subsidence due to oil withdrawal
Academic and Professional Qualifications
since 2009 - Ph.D. Candidate, Faculty of Geoengineering, Mining and Geology, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland
2010 - M.Sc.E in Engineering Surveys, Dept. of Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering, UNB, Fredericton, N.B.
2005 - M.Eng. in Mining Surveying, Techn. University of Mining, Krakow, Poland.
2008 2nd place in Graduate Student Paper Competition, Student Technical Conference, Dept. of Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering, UNB, Fredericton, N.B.
Recent (2005 - 2009) and Current(2010) Major Research and Industrial Activity
• Automation of deformation monitoring surveys using combination of robotic total stations with GPS and geotechnical sensors;
• Development and industrial applications of ALERT system for fully automated monitoring of structural and ground deformations ;
• Ground subsidence monitoring, analysis, and numerical modelling using finite elements method -
PCS potash mines in New Brunswick, Canada;
• Use of geodetic monitoring surveys in verifying design parameters of Diamond Valley Lake Reservoir Project (Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
Szostak-Chrzanowski A., A. Chrzanowski, N. Deng, and Maciej Bazanowski, (2008). "Design and Analysis of Multi-Sensor Deformation Detection Systems", Proceedings, 4th IAG Symposium on Geodesy for Geotechnical and Structural Engineering and 13-th FIG Symposium on Deformation Measurements, Lisbon, Portugal, 21-24 May, (in print).
Szostak-Chrzanowski A., A. Chrzanowski, M. Massiéra, Maciej Bazanowski , and C. Whitaker, (2008), “Study of a Long-term Behavior of Large Earth Dam Combining Monitoring and Finite Element Analysis Results”, Proceedings, 4th IAG Symposium on Geodesy for Geotechnical and Structural Engineering and 13-th FIG Symposium on Deformation Measurements, Lisbon, Portugal, 21-24 May, (in print).
Massiéra M., A. Szostak-Chrzanowski , A. Chrzanowski, Maciej Bazanowski, C. Whitaker, and J. Vautour, (2008), “Analyse des deformations de grands barrages en remblai pendant le remplissage et l’operation du reservoir”, Proceedings, the Annual General Conference of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, Quebec City, (in print).
Chrzanowski, A., A. Szostak-Chrzanowski, and Maciej Bazanowski, (2007), “Ground Subsidence Study in the Mining Area of PCS Potash Mine in New Brunswick”, Report submitted to Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan - New Brunswick Division, 87 p.
Szostak-Chrzanowski, A., A. Chrzanowski, A., and Maciej Bazanowski, (2007) "Numerical Modeling of Stress Field in Rock Strata from Surface Deformation Surveys", Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Slaskiej, Górnictwo, z. 278, Gliwice, pp. 451-460.
Szostak-Chrzanowski, A., A. Chrzanowski, A., and Maciej Bazanowski, (2007), „Determination of Stress Redistribution in Rock Mass from Results of Surface Geodetic Monitoring”, Reports on Geodesy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw.
Szostak-Chrzanowski, A., A Chrzanowski, M. Massiéra, Maciej Bazanowski, and C. Whitaker, (2007), "Monitoring and Analysis of Long-term Behaviour of Large Earth Dams", Proceedings, The 100th CIG Annual Conference, The 3rd International Symposium on Geo-information for Disaster Management, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 23-25, CD-ROM